About the HHIRCOur association's purpose is to exchange ideas and information about the retail and wholesale market place.
The Housewares Hardware Independent Representatives of Canada was formed in 1977. Our association was created for the purpose of exchanging ideas and information about the retail and wholesale market place. We also felt that there was a need to make our service industry better known principally to the retail and industrial trade at large.
Since then, this exchange of information has helped us better develop communication between our agencies and our principals in such areas as credit information, buyer changes, buying terms, and problem solving that may require group action.
We pride ourselves on our ethics which rest on 5 basic rules:
- To comply with the Principal’s terms and conditions of sale.
- To conscientiously cover the assigned territory, accounts or industry segment.
- To avoid any form of misrepresentation.
- To refrain from representing competing lines without written agreement of the Principal.
- To constantly strive to add value to the relationship between the Principal and the Customers.